There is no better place or evidence to show that God listens to the cry for mercy than the story of Blind Bartimaeus. He was a blind man and a beggar. Beggars wore a garment which set them apart from normal people. One day while sitting by the highway begging, he heard news that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. The Bible says, “And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.” (Mark 10:47)
The crowd around shouted him down, discouraged him, stood as obstacles against him, turned against him when they ought to have been the ones helping him. He was not part of the elite group. And because he was a beggar, his voice did not matter in society. BUT the VOICE of mercy with which he cried was louder than all the voices of the accusers put together. The Bible says:
“And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.” (Mark 10:48-49)
You can see from this verse, that the voice of mercy sounds louder in the ears of the Lord Jesus Christ than the noise of crowds of people and the obstacles on your way. The people that followed Jesus tried to stop blind Bartimaeus who was crying for mercy, but he cried the more a great deal. When mercy answered and said come, the Bible says: “And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way." (Mark 10:50-52)
Mercy gave him access into the presence of Jesus and the grace of God gave him his healing. Praise God! Mercy opens the door and grace positions you where you belong.
TODAY I DECLARE:
(1) Mercy will turn your situation around
(2) Mercy will rewrite your history and tell a new story about you.
(3) Mercy will restore you and give you another chance
(4) Mercy will give you a brand-new beginning
(5) Mercy will change your garment of shame to a brand-new garment.
(6) Mercy will silence your mockers, enemies and adversaries
(7) Mercy will relocate you from stagnation to where God has destined for you
(8) Your case will not be too old or difficult for the Mercy of God to deal with
(9) Mercy of God is not a respecter of person, if only you will ask for mercy today, your story will never be the same.
Dear friends, the cry of mercy will always command the attention of heaven. No wonder the Bible says: "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)